Dates: 12 Nov to 24 DecChristmas Markets in Vienna exude a fantastic atmosphere. A Vienna Christmas Market is an unforgettable experience. The largest Xmas Market in Vienna is the Magic of Advent which takes place in front of the City Hall.
See our Advent Special at AVIANO!
Throughout the Advent period, Vienna is a city of nostalgia and romance, concerts, nativity displays and traditional Christmas markets.
The present day markets date back to 1298 when the first ‘December Market’ was held. Nowadays, there are over 20 Advent Markets selling a wide selection of seasonal gifts delicacies like Christmas punch and roasted chestnuts.
Christmas markets include:
- Viennese Christmas Market – in front of the City Hall – 12 Nov to 24 Dec 2016
- Christmas Village Belvedere Palace – 18 Nov to 23 Dec 2016
- Christmas Village Maria-Theresien Platz – 16 Nov to 26 Dec 2016
- Christmas Village in the Former General Hospital – 12 Nov to 23 Dec 2016
- Christmas Market at Spittelberg – 12 Nov to 23 Dec 2016
- Christmas and New Year’s Market at Schonbrunn Palace – 19 Nov to 26 Dec and 27 Dec to 01 Jan 2017
If this post resonates with you, then please do like and share...and while you're at it, why not follow us. There's more great content coming up.